Samsung AI Center - Montreal
Established in Montreal, the second largest city in Canada and home to one of the world’s top centers for AI and machine learning, the Samsung’s Montreal AI Center (SAIC-Montreal) is a part of the ensemble of North America AI Centers including those in New York, Silicon Valley and Toronto.
The center conducts research in AI-based network intelligence (sometimes called “AI for 5G”), as well as robotics.
It also serves as an outpost for collaboration with top universities, academic centers, and start-ups within the Greater Montreal AI, Robotics and Telecommunications community, while tapping into the tremendous AI talent in the region.
Gregory Dudek Head of Samsung AI Center - Montreal
- 2018 - PresentVice President, AI Center-Montreal
- 2018 - Present(on leave) Director, NSERC Canadian Field Network
- 2008 - PresentJames McGill Chair of McGill University, School of Computer Science
- 2008 - 2016Director (department chair) of the McGill University School of Computer Science
- 2009 - PresentBoard Member, Bellairs Research Institute
- 2004 - 2007Director of the McGill Center for Intelligent Machines
- 2002 - 2017Director, NSERC Canadian Field Robotics Network
- 1991 - PresentProfessor of McGill University, School of Computer Science
Mobile Robotics, Machine Learning, Intelligent systems, Machine Vision, Web application services, Collaborative Filtering, Image processing
- Computational principles of mobile robotics (Cambridge Univ Pr, 2010)
- A taxonomy for multi-agent robotics (Autonomous Robots, 1996)
Xue (Steve) Liu
of Samsung AI Center - Montreal
- 2019 – presentVP R&D, Chief Scientist, Co-director, Samsung AI Center Montreal
- 2018 – presentFaculty Associate Member, Quebec Artificial Intelligence Institute (MILA)
- 2014 – presentWilliam Dawson Scholar, McGill University
- 2007 – presentAssistant/Associate/Full Professor, School of Computer Science, McGill University
- 2007 – presentAssociate Member, McGill Center for Intelligent Machines
- 2016 – 2019Chief Scientist, Tinder Inc.
- 2010 – 2011Samuel R. Thompson Chair Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- 2006 – 2007Visiting Research Scientist, HP Labs
AI/ML and their Applications, Green and Sustainable Computing, IoT and Cyber-Physical Systems, Computing Systems and Networking.
Publications and Books
- Searchable Storage in Cloud Computing (Springer, 2019)
- Datacenter Power Management in Smart Grids (NOW, 2015)
- Utilization Control and Optimization of Real-Time Embedded Systems (NOW, 2015)
AI Center - Montreal
on October 18, 2018